Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks a detail oriented individual with strong communication skills to serve as our Production Office Manager. The Production Office Manager leads the daily operations of a highly active production office, including the management of a production management apprentice and a production administration intern. The Office Manager will oversee logistics related to facility use and personnel management, requiring a strong spirit of collaboration, and a keen understanding of the importance of work across departments in the organization.
Job responsibilities include:
- Run weekly payroll, including tracking of pay rates for hourly employees, and tracking of production department PTO.
- On a weekly basis, process invoices, credit card logs, reimbursements, and other financial requests in department expenditures tracking.
- Work with finance office on all processing and financial reconciliation.
- Approve and book all facility space requests.
- Draft all designer contracts and payment schedules, and facilitate communication with United Scenic Artists regarding designer contracts.
- Manage designer bios and other relevant content for programs.
- Facilitate all key and keycard requests for production staff and designer building access.
- Manage setup for production meetings, including setup of videoconferences as needed.
- Track use of department assets (pianos, keyboards, music stands, etc)
- Manage production internship program, including revising job postings, programming seminar series, conducting interviews and making hiring decisions, facilitating and leading resume reviews
- General office duties, including answering phones, filing, faxing, scanning, photocopying, etc
- Track the inventory of, and order office, first aid, and other supplies as necessary.
- Coordinate the maintenance of printers and copiers with the IT department.
- Consult on various research projects including demos of new software, company policies, and any reports requested by finance office.
Chicago Shakespeare Theater produces an average of 12 productions each year between three stages- the 500-seat Courtyard Theater, 200-seat Studio Theater and our newly opened, state of the art, flexible Yard Theater, in addition to multiple off-site locations and touring venues. Our core programming, based in the plays of William Shakespeare, is complimented by the presentation of international pieces, musicals, touring productions, and the development of new works. More information on CST can be found at www.chicagoshakes.com.
This position is full time and includes occasional work at night and on weekends. The position is paid hourly, and includes benefits.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.