Requisition Number: JR02528
Division /Dept. / Unit: Collections and Access / Access Services / Mansueto
Reports to: Head of Mansueto Circulation
Work Schedule: 23 hours per week; see schedule listed below for details.
This position oversees the lending, re-shelving, and auditing of materials from Mansueto Library, as well as retrieval and scanning of Mansueto materials for document delivery and scan on demand services. This position is also responsible for answering patron questions relating to Mansueto and serving as a resource for other questions relating to other Library services. During evenings/weekends, this person acts as the supervisor in charge of the Mansueto Library, oversees building security, and enforces policies for maintaining a scholarly environment in the Library.
This is a part-time position for scheduled for 23 hours per week. The scheduled hours for this position during the regular academic year are:
- Sunday, 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Monday and Tuesday, 8:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hours are subject to change during interim periods and based on Library needs.
This position covers all circulation shifts as assigned. Responsible for occasionally flexing the work schedule to cover other shifts as necessary in case of illness, vacation, or absences of other supervisors. The expectation is that time off will be taken only during interim breaks, and the schedule will be flexible during interim breaks.
Circulation Desk Management (40%):
- Trains, supervises, and assists with scheduling student counter attendants (approximately 20 part-time student employees).
- Distributes work to and monitors work done by student counter attendants.
- Performs all circulation desk responsibilities as needed.
- Coaches and directs student counter attendants in maintaining Mansueto policies, procedures, and standards of service.
- Documents and updates Mansueto procedures.
- Manages daily work flow from auditing, storing, scans, picks, and withdrawal of items.
Customer Service (20%):
- Listens to patrons with special problems or complaints; attempts to resolve these problems as appropriate.
- Interprets Library policies to patrons and refers patrons’ concerns to the Head of Mansueto Circulation when appropriate.
- Troubleshoots Proven multi-functional devices.
Document Delivery (15%):
- Oversees the retrieval and scanning of Mansueto materials for document delivery, scan on demand services, and assists with requests for interlibrary loan.
Building Security and Oversight (10%):
- During evenings/weekends, acts as the supervisor in charge of the Mansueto Library, oversees building security, and acts as a resource person for other campus libraries.
- Enforces policies for maintaining a scholarly environment in the Library.
- Provides initial response to emergencies.
- Assists patrons in contacting University Police when necessary.
- Handles general inquires relating to building and security while on duty.
Automatic Storage Retrieval System (ASRS) (5%):
- Provides initial troubleshooting of ASRS system problems and refers issues to Facilities staff when appropriate.
- May perform basic daily checks of the cranes.
Performance Management (5%):
- Works closely with the Head of Mansueto Circulation and other Mansueto Circulation Supervisors to ensure consistent services whenever Mansueto is open.
- Assists in formally documenting and reviewing the performance of student counter attendants.
- Oversee auditing and withdrawal of items stored.
- Other duties as assigned.